- Do you have crop management experience managing field trial programs?
- Do you have a successful track record of building grower and supplier relationships?
- Sound negotiations skills are required Competitive $s plus car
As the Agronomist in this leading global company you will be managing the grower relationships associated with crop contracting in Australia. The key aspects of this role include contract negotiation, crop inspections and driving hybrid advancements and quality improvements. You will be reporting to the Supply Chain Manager. This exciting position offers you a lot of variety and the scope to really make your mark.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Agronomy qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years crop management, preferably with corn
- Proven ability to manage field trial programs, and to drive hybrid advancement plans with seed suppliers
- Proven track record in farmer liaison
- Experience in contract negotiations with both growers and seed suppliers
- Understanding of the agriculture regulations in Australia
- Ability to be able to generate gross margin budgets and analysis on competing crops
- Ability to work remotely with limited supervision.
- Provide technical advice, service and support to internal and external customers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – be very customer focused.
- Ability to identify, research and use initiative and creativity to resolve problems.
You will be rewarded with a competitive base salary plus super plus a fully maintained company car.
ONLY PERMANENT RESIDENTS OF AUSTRALIA OR AUSTRALIAN CITIZENS WILL BE CONSIDERED
For more information please contact Kay Watts, The Appointments Group on 02 9223 5400. Please send your Covering Letter and Resume in Word Format (no frames or tables) and follow the APPLY link. For more positions see www.appointmentsgroup.com.au.